Salmon Fish Skinner & Grilling
Choosing your salmon
Salmon fish skinner choosing fish caught in the wild have to work harder than farm-raised, so they tend to be leaner and more fish-like in taste.
Ingredients for Grilled Salmon
The only ingredients needed are:
- A nice filet of salmon, king, chinook, coho, or sockeye.
- A quality oil (grape seed oil for its high smoke point, or an extra virgin olive oil are good options)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper.
The Best Grill Temperature for Grilled Salmon
Grill the salmon on a 450°-500° F hot grill. The number one way to ensure success when grilling fish is a smoking hot grill. Cook for skin side down for about 6-8 minutes on hot grates to ensure the fish (or any other protein) will not stick to the grates and will lift easily away once it’s done.
Oil the fish, not the grill. Contrary to popular belief, there’s no need to oil the grill grates. Oiling the fish itself improves the chances of it releasing more easily from the grates to look—and taste—better. Again, a neutral-flavored oil with a high smoke point like grape seed oil is a good one to choose.
How Long to Cook Grilled Salmon
The fish will stick to the grates at first, but after about 6 to 8 minutes, the skin will crisp and release naturally, making it easy to flip to the other side for just another 1-2 minutes of browning.
Nock CBF 496 – Salmon fish skinner
Features and application range
Salmon fish skinner
- cutting width: 430 mm
- cutting speed: 24 m/min
- automatic skinning machine with NOCK ACTIVE SKIN GRIPPER® optimized for skinning fresh and smoked salmon
- 3 methods of skinning: :
– deep skinning with sharp blade
– thin skinning (shallow skinning) with sharp blade
– pulling-off the skin with blunt blade (silver skinning)
- Hard pressure roller for salmon
- Thin skinning with sharp blade and NOCK ACTIVE SKIN GRIPPER® (ASG)
- tooth roller (AISI 316L) with grooves and scraper comb (CF technology)
- NOCK ACTIVE SKIN GRIPPER® (ASG)for thin skinning with sharp blade, no remaining skin on the fish tail
- blade gap infinitely adjustable
- spring suspended blade holder for perfect skinning results
- pressure unit with pneumatic release; infinitely height adjustable
- special hard pressure roller for salmon, made of polyamide with very long lifetime and more pressure in the middle of the fillet (less pressure at the sides of the fillets = less loss when deep skinning)
- water cleaning unit for steady continuous operation when processing fresh fillets
- infeed and output conveyor; can be taken out of the machine within seconds without any tools
- NOCK POWER PLATES® for a machine construction which is easy to clean, for outstanding robustness and service friendliness
- NOCK EASY-FLOW® safety cover
- lockable castors
- stainless steel
- stainless steel bearings
Get yours now: