EcoTaster® Ecospoon® EcoTensil®
Compostable, recyclable, plastic free sampling utensils
Ecotaster® Ecospoon® EcoTensil® has reinvented the disposable spoon.
In one fun fold, EcoTensil’s pleasingly smooth paperboard products transform into the most sustainable, highly space-efficient, and brandable utensils available.
The award-winning, nationally distributed EcoTaster tasting utensil (Costco, Target, Whole Foods…) uses 1/5th the space of other mid-sized tasters. They are the lowest cost compostable and recyclable tasting spoon on the market.
The full-sized, longer lasting EcoSpoon can be beautifully branded for foodservice such as fro-yo and fast food chains.
SpoonLidz and our other on-package utensil solutions fill a growing demand for grab-&-go single-serve products.
The EcoTensil team is passionate about designing practical, pleasing solutions to support growing demand for to-go convenience WHILE reducing the amount of costly waste burdening our landfills and oceans.
Prior to founding EcoTensil Inc in 2010, Peggy Cross, had been Principal, Creative Director and Co-founder of Sterling Cross Creative Inc., a strategic food & beverage packaging design firm for National brands 1996 to 2010.
Prior to this, she designed and directed at top packaging design firms in San Francisco and New York City.
As working mother of two boys, Peggy understands the value of convenience for the on the go consumer.
She came up with the idea for SpoonLidz on a fortuitous road trip.
With two hungry kids, and no spoons for the yogurt she had packed, she created the first SpoonLidz out of the side of a cracker box.
As she longed for simpler lunch-packing every hectic morning, she could not get the SpoonLidz out of her mind.
She trusted her lifelong proven track record of understanding trends and it became clear that this on-pack spoon would fill a need for millions of others, while reducing the impact of plastic utensils on the environment.
Using her packaging, industrial design and marketing skills she developed SpoonLidz, EcoTaster and EcoSpoon into the beautifully simple, sustainable designs that have have now inspired love mail from across the country
CoTaster Mini: multi-use tasting spoons:
• The Mini is 3.25″ long x 1.2″ wide
• Case of 2500 EcoTasters come in 5 easy-to-dispense paper “Cubes” containing 500 units each.
• The Cube keeps tasters in a tidy, sanitary pack for super easy use.
• EcoTaster is in the EcoTensil “GreenDot” line, which are all: compostable, recyclable,FSC® certified paperboard*, material-efficient, and made in the U.S.A.
Tip: We recommend taking a dozen or so EcoTensils and pre-folding all at once, then inserting, round end down, into a dispenser ecotaster® ecospoon®.
This makes loading faster for servers and easier for self-service.
Note: For high-moisture content food, we recommend serving “GreenDot” EcoTasters on the side of the cup rather than IN the product, if product will be sitting more than a few minutes.
EcoSpoon can be used for just about anything you can eat with a spoon and most things that you would eat with a fork.
EcoSpoon5, so named for its 5 inch length, holds up beautifully for full servings: from frozen yogurt, to hot chili, strong enough to cut through cheese cake, easily scoops chunky deli salads, even thicker soups.
Disposable cutlery is used for just a few minutes – why use dense plastic spork that will persist for centuries?
• REDUCE: “BlueDot” EcoSpoons use 60% to 85% LESS material than any plastic, plant-based plastic, or wooden cutlery.
• RENEWABLE: Made from FSC® certified paperboard; the gold standard for sustainably managed forests
• LOCAL: Made in USA from USA grown natural resources + ultra compact cube = low carbon footprint in shipping
• Space efficient: uses 60% to 85% less storage space than any other disposable silverware. That’s a lot of space savings in shipping and storage!
• EcoSpoons are a terrific way to demonstrate your great green efforts.
• Branded EcoSpoons powerfully reinforce your brand message.
Halls Intl and Ecotensil. If there are any questions you have surrounding this item get in touch.
Get yours now: