DoughXpress DMS-2-18 Pizza / Tortilla Press
DoughXpress DMS-2-18 18″ Dual Heated Manual Pizza / Tortilla Dough Press
DoughXpress DMS-2-18 Pizza / Tortilla Press – The DMS series dough presses are perfect for low to medium production volumes (75-100/hr.). Fast and simple to operate, mess free (no flour needed) alternative compared to the alternative of sheeting/rolling and hand tossing your dough. These dough presses are an easy, affordable way to improve your production time, as well as your finished product.
The DMS-18 is an economic manual swing away design with an upper heated platen. Perfect for tortilla production, this press prevents dough from sticking to the upper platen and enables pressing thinner product. doughXpress® recommends pairing this press with a doughXpress® tortilla warmer to complete your tortilla production line.
The DMS-2-18 is an economic manual swing away dual-heat dough press. doughXpress® recommends this press for pizza but this versatile press can also be used for tortilla dough. For pizzas, first press dough then finish by stretching or tossing to achieve final size, place on peel, top, and put right on the hearth or stone surface.
- All metal housing with powder coated white finish
- Analog temperature control
- Variable thickness adjustment
- Swing away design for eazy loading & unloading of dough
- Flattens dough balls into pizzas up to 18″ in diameter
- Aluminum upper and lower platens
- Sleek, modern, durable, easy to clean design
- Upper platen leveling adjustment
DoughXpress DMS-2-18 Pizza / Tortilla Press – Pressed dough keeps air in the crust, unlike sheeted dough where the air is forced out of the crust. Pressed dough is consistent in thickness and size, unlike hand tossed where the thickness and size can be inconsistent. The DMS 2-18 is a quick, safe way to flatten your pizza dough without the need for flour, multiple pass dough rollers, or skilled labor. This economic manual pizza dough press is perfect for low to medium production volumes (75-100/hr). The DMS 2-18 is an easy, affordable way to improve your production time as well as your finished product. The DMS 2-18 is a swing-away design with an upper heated platen.
The DMS 2-18 upper heated platen aids dough flow and allows dough to be pressed straight from the refrigeration unit, which helps keep the dough from shrinking back. The upper platen has a non-stick surface, and our Variable Thickness Control makes it possible to achieve desired thickness and ensures consistent thickness at the same dough ball weight.
The DMS 2-18 requires no skilled labor, unlike hand tossing. Our presses are safe and have no age requirements, unlike sheet/roller equipment. The DMS 2-18 is one of the easiest presses to use and operate. Prepare dough ball, set temp and thickness, center the dough ball on the lower platen, and press the dough. Pizza was never this easy!
- Calibrated temperature control.
- Flattens dough balls into pizzas up to 18″ in diameter.
- Heat indicating light turns off when set temperature is reached.
- ETL and ETL Sanitation listed.
- Optional non-stick coated upper and lower platens.
- Full-range thickness adjustment from paper thin to 7/8”.
- 20″ H x 18″ W x 22″ D.
- Shipping Weight: 134 lbs.
- Electrical: 120 & 230 Volts 50/60 Hz, 1150 watts, 10 Amps, 5-15P NEMA Plug.
- Temperature Range: Off – 400°F, 204°C upper platen.
- Made in the U.S.A.
Heated Upper Platen
- Aids dough flow
- Allows dough to be pressed straight from refrigeration unit
- Helps keep dough from shrinking back
- Keeps dough from sticking to upper platen
- Will help activate yeast for faster proofing if desired
- Makes it possible to achieve desired thickness and ensures consistent thickness at the same dough ball weight.
- 18” platen allows for making variable crust sizes and thickness up to 18 inches. The size of the crust is determined by the weight of the dough ball and the thickness setting.
- Depends on the desired size of the crust:
9” to 18” = 75-100/hr.
7” to 9” = 150-200/hr.
6” or under = 300-400/hr.
- Recommended Time:
Warm dough, moderate to high
Cold dough, moderate
Cold dough, small amount of
- Recommended Temperature:
- Presses require no skilled labor, unlike hand tossing.
- Presses are safe and have no age requirements, unlike sheeters/rollers.
How to Make Easy Pizza Dough
- Make the dough: Mix the dough ingredients together by hand or use a hand-held or stand mixer. Do this in steps as described in the written recipe below.
- Knead: Knead by hand or with your mixer. I like doing this by hand.
- Rise: Place dough into a greased mixing bowl, cover tightly, and set aside to rise for about 90 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Punch & shape: Punch down risen dough to release air bubbles. Divide in 2. Roll dough out into a 12-inch circle. Cover and rest as you prep the pizza toppings.
- Top it: Top with favorite pizza toppings.
- Bake: Bake pizza at a very high temperature for only about 15 minute
How Can I Make The Dough Ahead of Time?
Prepare the dough through step 3 below, but allow the dough to rise for 8-12 hours in the refrigerator. (If it needs to be in the refrigerator for longer, use cooler water in the dough which will slow the dough’s rise and allow for more time.) As a bonus, the slow rise gives the pizza dough wonderful flavor! When ready, continue with step 5 in the recipe below (the shaping step). If the dough didn’t quite double in size when rising, let it sit at room temperature for 30-45 minutes before shaping.
RECOMMENDED BLOG POSTS
Charcoal Oven & why you should own one!
Charcoal Oven & why you should own one! You don’t have to be a professional chef to…READ MORE
Pasta machine -Fresh Pasta made easy!
Inver 3T – Bottene pasta machine This is the ideal pasta machine for restaurants seating up to 50…READ MORE
CAMURRI MASTRO GOURMET
CAMURRI MASTRO GOURMET CAMURRI MASTRO GOURMET mod. MG.50 is an original unit (Camurri’s Patent) which permits to…READ MORE